Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Welcome Welcome!

This is the side blog for anna, soon to be of konnichiwhat? because while I'll be the bento and Japanese food blogger there, I can't really justify taking about my other caloric interest of late, which is booze.

I'll cross-post the bento related posts from there, as well reviewing (rather poorly I must add) the alcohol I am trying now that I'm 21 and able to.

Here are some samples of potential posts in the near future:
How to cook curry or cumin or otherwise spiced lentils for your bento or poor-skills food.
Henry Weinhard's Summer Ale: Yup, it's not that bitter, but I'm a freak who'd rather drink it warm and flat.
Flat food wrapped around other food: Wraps are varied, include things you think of as hors d'oeuvres (like pastrami spread with cream cheese around a pickle, ohmigod YUM) and useful for your bentos.
Godiva Chocolate Liquer: You'd certainly expect it to taste more like milk or dark chocolate, wouldn't you, not chocolate cake? Yet it tastes like boozy cake. I'm not complaining.
Onigiri! Pictures of how I do it and my favorite filling. (Hint! It's Korean!)

I'll have pictures for most posts, I hope. For the booze posts, there's less likely to be photography, because once I show you my beautiful shot glass (bought from the glass blowers in Townsend, MT, who also make their own generic AquaGlobes!) there's not much else to show.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment